Thursday, July 10, 2008

Post-Graduation Post Script.

The one thing tht really strikes me about the Commencement Ceremony tday is actually (although highly superficial), tht the gown is really quite hideous. I felt like a giant blue Manta Ray.

I can't blieve I (my parents) spent tens of thousands to put me through a tertiary education at NUS, and tht I spent 3 years of my life pretending to bury my head in books for tht moment when I could shake the NUS President's hand and receive a dud scroll. Of course, tht was preceded by close to 100 min of waiting time.

During the opening speech I was hoping time will just pass in the blink of an eye. Its unprecedentedly boring, n my PSP was with alvin, who didn't even use it, zz. When I had to receive my scroll on stage I hoped with great fervour tht I wouldn't trip or fall or do anything tht might make me stand out in anyway. I wished to be invisible and glide through the stage without anyone noticing. I was also afraid my walk on stage would be punctuated with a very pregnant, silent pause with a complete hiatus of applause. I hoped my head would suddenly get bigger too, so the mortarboard which is a total pain in the ass (especially the tassels), would stay.

It is damned stressful to attend Commencement.

And now, after it all, I still can't quite blieve it was over just like tht. Sian.

No comments: