Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lovely Bones.

I'm watching CSI: New York right now and I suddenly wonder what it'd be like if I were found dead of unnatural causes.

I hope I'm hovering over my own dead body spiritually, watching how they handle my corpse and talk about me and how I was killed.

So, I'm found dead at 3.34am by the security guard with no obvious wounds or blood, in the lift of my condo. My bag is still slung around my shoulder and nothing seems to be missing, including my ATM and debit cards, and the $8.35 in my wallet.

Preliminary reports show that time of death was approximately 3.12am. Cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and excessive haemorrhaging.

The police pull the lift's CCTV but they only caught me dying, alone, in the lift. The security guard didn't see anything suspicious. He was sleeping on the job cus he caught soccer the day before.

There is a cold storage receipt in my bag for 2 bottles of Pokka Oolong Tea on the same day, but there were no bottles of tea to be found on me, and they were bought just hours before my mysterious death.

They are sure I died between the Novena Square Cold Storage to the lift of my condo, which spans about 400m. They are also convinced the key to solving my murder was in the Polkka Oolong.

Handphone activity is almost zero during this period, with 2 un-replied SMSes of insignificance. Friends and family are of no help, only claiming tht I am a nice girl who has no enemies and couldn't think of anyone who might do this to me. No one knows who I went out with the day of my death.

Eventually they find the bottles of Pokka Oolong. One just beside the curb on the road the condo was along, and one hidden behind the bushes in the lobby of the condo just beside the curb.

I slipped and fell and hit my head on the curb, apparently. And I dropped the Cold Storage plastic bag and the bottles rolled out. I got up and walked towards home, bleeding into my brain, where I finally died in the lift.

My death was a plain old accident, and Pokka Oolong Tea helped to solve the mystery. I chuckle as I float away and realise how much of their time and taxpayers' money I've wasted.

The Lovely Bones, if I recall correctly, is a book I ever did prac crit on, about a little girl who was killed, and if I'm not wrong, raped. And she is narrating post-death, post-mortem.

We all need a little darkness in our lives, if not we'll never know when the sun shines.

No comments: