Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Can Be Lugubrious With You.

We can be chillin' like ice-cream fillin',
We can be cool in the gang if you'd rather hang.
Ain't no thang,
I can be lugubrious with you.

You know how most of the time you share a love-hate relationship with the people you love the most? Its entirely different with Mraz. I am always certain of my admiration.

Tday at around 8.24pm I received the most awesome 4-minute call from Daniel Tong. He didn't say a word, and I have to admit it took me a few moments before I realised where he was coming from.

As I hollered my third "hallo" I heard a familiar voice in the background, and then another. Moments later I realise tht the beautiful sounds I heard were Mraz and Toca doing a version of I'm Yours. And the not-so-beautiful sounds I heard were the crowds cheering and hooting. Nobody wants to hear you scream, in case you were wondering.

So even though my hallos fell on deaf ears, I listened on the phone for 4 minutes, smiling and chuckling in the bus like a lunatic.

Thanks Tong, you're awesome.

No comments: